Effective Date: Feb 1, 2020
What is the scope of this Privacy Statement?
This Privacy Statement applies to Taiwan and Hong Kong User of https://ami-asia.com, including Allergan applications and digital services that may link to https://ami-asia.com (herein collectively referred to as “Website)”. This Privacy Statement is intended to let you know what Personal Data Allergan plc, including our affiliated entities (referred to collectively as “Allergan,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) may collect about you, how we collect your Personal Data, for what purposes we use your Personal Data, to whom we may disclose your Personal Data, and what rights you may have to limit our use of your Personal Data.
Information about privacy & data protection for Website users outside Taiwan and Hong Kong, please refer to the Privacy Statement that corresponds your geographical location.
What Personal Data may we collect about you?
Through our Websitess, we will collect and process Personal Data that does not directly identify you by name (such as IP Address) or include your contact information, but which may be used to identify that a specific computer or device has accessed our Websitess and which if combined with certain other information could be used to identify you. We receive this Personal Data through your interactions with our Websitess.
The Personal Data we process about you through our Websitess may include the following categories of Personal Data:
What Personal Data we collect about you?
Allergan collects and processes your Personal Data, which can come directly from you, publicly available sources (for example, academic journals you may have published an article in), or third-parties with whom we contract (for example IMS/IQVIA). Personal Data includes all information that identifies you or can be used to identify you.
The types of your Personal Data we collect depends on the nature of your relationship with Allergan and applicable laws. The Personal Data we process about you, includes the data we collect directly from you either as part of your business relationship with us or through other interactions you may have with us.
Personal Data we directly collected from you on this Website are:
How will we use your Personal Data?
Processing of your Personal Data includes where we may record, organize, structure, store, adapt or alter, retrieve, consult, use, disclose by transmission, disseminate, or otherwise make available, align or combine, restrict, erase, or destroy your Personal Data.
We may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
For any additional purposes where we are required to notify you and get your consent, including those purposes required by local law, we will obtain your consent before we process your Personal Data for those purposes.
What is our legal basis for Processing your Personal Data?
The applicable legal basis for which we process your Personal Data for the specific purposes listed above, include the following:
- Based on your consent: In some cases, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. If you choose to provide us with your consent, you may later withdraw your consent (or opt-out) by contacting us as described in the “how do you contact us” section below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent it will not affect any processing of your Personal Data that has already occurred. Where we process your Personal Data based on consent, we will provide more detailed information to you at the time when we obtain your consent.
- Compliance with applicable laws or performance of a contract: In specific circumstances, we may need to process your Personal Data to comply with a relevant law/regulation or to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are subject. Where we process your Personal Data to meet our legal obligations, you will likely not be permitted to object to this processing activity, but you will usually have the right to access or review this information unless it would impede our legal obligations. Where we are processing to fulfill our contract obligations under a contract where you are a party, you might not be able to object to this processing, or if you do choose to opt-out or object to our processing, it may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation that you are owed.
- Our legitimate interest: We may process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interests in communicating with you and managing our interactions with you regarding our products and services, scientific research, and education opportunities. In addition to the other rights you may have described below, you have the right to object to such processing of your Personal Data. You can register your objection by contacting us as described in the “how do you contact us” section below.
To whom and when will we disclose or share your Personal Data?
We will share or disclose your Personal Data with the following entities:
- Our global affiliates, as we discuss below.
- Third parties with whom we contract to carry out services on our behalf to perform activities or functions related to the processing purposes regarding your Personal Data that are described above. If we do, we will require that these third parties acting on our behalf protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data that we share with them. These third parties must contractually agree that they will not use or disclose your Personal Data for any other purposes than necessary to provide us services, perform services on our behalf, or to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
- Potential or actual third party purchasers. If we decide to reorganize or divest our business through a sale, merger, or acquisition, we may share your Personal Data with actual or prospective purchasers. We will require that any such purchasers treat your Personal Data consistently with this Privacy Notice.
How do we transfer your Personal Data internationally?
We may transmit your Personal Data to our other global affiliates. Allergan affiliate names and contact details can be found at https://www.allergan.com/home. Additionally, these affiliates may further transmit your Personal Data to our other global affiliates. All our affiliates are required to treat your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and our privacy and data protection policies and procedures.
We may transmit your Personal Data to our third parties with whom we contract to carry out services on our behalf to perform activities or functions related to the processing purposes regarding your Personal Data that are described above. Our third parties are contractually obligated to comply with applicable laws or regulations, including having a valid cross-border transfer mechanism in place to receive the personal data.
For more information about our cross-border transfers of your Personal Data, please contact us using the information as described in the “how do you contact us” section below.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
We use industry-standard administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, and destruction. We restrict access to your Personal Data to only those employees and third parties acting on our behalf who have a legitimate business need for such access. We will only transfer your Personal Data to third parties acting on our behalf where we have received written assurances that your Personal Data will be protected in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice and our privacy policies and procedures.
How long do we retain your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data will be maintained for the duration of your relationship with us. We will store and retain the Personal Data we collect about you in accordance with our Corporate Record Retention Policy, after which it will be archived or deleted. A detailed schedule of our retention practices can be found at https://www.allergan.com/home. Please note that certain information could be retained for longer periods of time if we have continuing obligations to you or if required by local law.
What are your rights?
You have the right to see and get a copy of your Personal Data, including an electronic copy, that we have as well as to ask us to make any corrections to inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data we have about you. You can also request that we erase your Personal Data when it is no longer needed for the purposes for which you provided it, restrict how we process your Personal Data to certain limited purposes where erasure is not possible, or object to our processing of your Personal Data.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth in the “how do you contact us” section below.
What if we revise this Privacy Notice?
From time to time we may make changes to this Privacy Notice to reflect changes in our legal obligations or the ways in which we process your Personal Data. We will communicate to you any material edits to this Privacy Notice and it will become effective when it is communicated.
Cookies and Similar Technologies that collect Personal Data
Do Not Track
There are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal. Please note that currently our Websitess and web-based resources do not respond to these signals from web browsers. At this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected.
This information is used to administer and update the Websites, and we will also assess whether the visitors to the site match the expected site demographics and determine how key audiences are navigating the content.
- Opt-Out Provision:
Google analytics offers an opt-out provision for website visitors who do not want their data to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Google's Use of Data:
- Opt-Out Provision:
Social Media Plugins
Our Websitess may use Social Media Plugins to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Websitess, the operator of the social media plugin that is on our Websites can place a cookie on your computer that lets that operator recognize individuals on their website who have previously visited our sites. If you have previously logged into the social media website while browsing on our Websites, social media plugins may allow that social media website to receive directly identifiable information about you that shows you have visited our Websites. The social media plugin may collect this information for visitors who have logged into social networks, whether or not they specifically interact with the plugin on our Websites. Social media plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our Websites with other users of their social media website. Allergan does not control any of the content from social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
Children’s Personal Data
This site is not intended for or designed for individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from any person under the age of 18.
How do you contact us if you have any questions or concerns?
Please contact Allergan Local Privacy Officer (LPO) at [email protected] to:
- File a concern or complaint;
- To exercise any of your rights listed above, including access, correction, objection, restriction, and erasure.